Making a Difference in Our World
On this page you will find nothing related to divorce or paternity law. Instead, you will find some organizations I’ve come across that try to make our world a better place in ways large and small.
These are some of my favorite organizations, but nothing I post on here is meant as advice or endorsement–just like the rest of this site. It is merely information so that others, perhaps like you, who may want to consider helping others.
I believe we are all connected, and when we help others we all benefit; we also express our gratitude in action.
- La Ventana de los Cielos – Located in Homestead, FL., this foundation has programs that bring children with disabilities in contact with nature. Saturday volunteering opportunities are available from 9:00 a.m to 1:00 pm.
- St Jude Children’s Research Hospital – This is a well-known and need place. For those who don’t know, St. Jude’s does research related to cancer in children, and also provide care to children. To find out more or to donate, visit their site.
- Camillus House -Downtown Miami – “.. a full service center offering a ‘continuum of care’ for persons who are poor and homeless. … Every service offered at Camillus is carried out with the deeply held belief that every human being is precious in the eyes of the Lord and deserves love, respect, and a chance to live a dignified life. Camillus does much more than offer a free meal, medical care, a shower, or drug treatment. We offer a second chance to the desperate, the lonely, and the ones society has left behind.” (From their About US page, accessed May 26, 2012). There are many things you can do for Camillus, from one-time volunteering, on-going volunteering or just a donation.
- KidSideMiami.Org – “KidSide’s mission is to provide funding to ensure that Family Court Services can continue to serve the needs of children and parents suffering from family conflict. These essential services include crisis assistance, supervised visitation and community referrals for families in need.” (Mission Statement, accessed May 27, 2012). This organization is always in need of contributions to help children and parents going through the legal process get help in reducing or eliminating conflicts in their lives. Any amount is welcome, and you can donate directly on their site using this PayPal Link for donations.
- Annual Aids Walk Miami for Dade & Broward, with proceeds benefiting Care Resource, Empower U, and The Center for Positive Connection. The walk takes place in Miami Beach, and starts at the Miami Beach Convention Center.
- Vittana – Helps people around the world get access to higher education for the first time. (Vittana Mission Statement, accessed 2/5/2011). Vittana does this by facilitating microloans or donations for education worldwide since the are no student loans for these students. UPDATE: As of September 2014, Vittana is now part of Kiva.org. This was a wonderful experience for me as the microloans helped 4 students in foreign countries pay for their education, and secure a degree.
- AutismSpeaks.Org – Funds research into the causes, prevention, treatments and a cure for autism; increasing awareness of autism spectrum disorders; and advocating for the needs of individuals with autism and their families.(Mission Statement, accessed 2/5/2011).
- Susan G. Komen Foundation-Race for the Cure – Annual Walks, usually in October, to raise funds for breast cancer research.
You Are Here:viviancrodriguez.com > Improve Your World
- En Español
- Divorce By Mail
- Getting a Divorce in Florida
- Florida Paternity
- Florida Child Custody
- Florida Child Support Laws
- Domestic Violence in Miami, Florida
- Fl Divorce & Paternity- FAQs
- Resources & Links to Florida Family Issues
- Resources for Lawyers
- Improve Your World
- Parents Divorce Class